Looking for a kite experience during winter time? Then try Snowkiting! You snap the snowboard or ski on your feet and let the kite pull you through the enchanting winter landscape with the help of the wind. The Simplon pass is at 2000m and offers optimal conditions. Snowkiting offers you a new winter sport experience where you cannot only ride downhill, but also uphill. Snowkiting is undoubtedly one of the most dynamic and exciting winter sports.
Our Snowkite courses are held with a maximum of 3 participants. High quality instructions and safety are our main focus.
The 3-4 hour Snowkite training is designed according to your previous knowledge. You get the kite material from us. Please bring your own snowboard or ski with you. At the beginning, you will get an introduction to the kitespot and how to get correctly assemble the kite equipment. We will also explain the basic technical terms and techniques for controlling the kite.
Thereafter, you learn to fly and control the kite with the trapeze. We start and land the kite and practice various manoeuvres, including speeding up the kite and stopping it.
As soon as you are familiar with these techniques, you can put on your skis or your snowboard. You learn to start driving the kite with skis / snowboard, to accelerate and stop as well as different flight manoeuvres during the journey.
If you already have Snowkite experience and feel safe in the above techniques, then you can go on with Uphill Snowkiting, Backcountry Snowkiting or, if desired, with tricks like jumps and sails.
- We meet at our headquarters on the Simplon Pass
- From there we go together to the Kitespot
- We set-up the kite equipment
- kite control and various flight manoeuvres without ski or snowboard
- Start and stop with ski or snowboard
- Various manoeuvres during the journey
- Potentially Uphill snowkiting or, if desired, tricks like jumps (only for advanced participants)
- Correct disassembling of the kite
- The kite material is included in the price, you will receive it from us on the spot
- Skis and snowboards are not included in the price, please bring your own equipment
- Ideally you also bring a snack and something to drink with you
- Minimum number of participants is 2 persons
- Snowkiting has some dependence on the weather conditions. We will confirm your training approx. 2 days or offer you an alternative date
- When buying a kite, the kite rent is deducted from the selling price
Snowkiting is fun and you will be thrilled by this winter sports experience. In small groups, you will learn the basic concepts of kite handling and important manoeuvres in the snow to explore the beautiful winter landscapes with the snowkite. Thanks to the small groups, our instructor can specifically address your previous knowledge.